Senin, 20 Desember 2010

Love It!

Port Authority Full Zip chocolate XXXX Large

Port Authority Full Zip chocolate XXXX Large

6 Stars! And a new FAVORITE!

My Thoughts: WOW, I could relate to this book! You see I am 44 and have just celebrated my 20th wedding anniversary. I only have one child, a son, who is slightly older than Alice's son. My husband and I have recently hit some potholes in our marriage. I felt like Melanie Gideon was spying on my circumstances!

I loved how the author used the internet, google, facebook, etc to emphasize where Alice was coming from. I could relate so totally to Alice on just about every level...and I suspect I am not alone. Technology is an amazing thing and it can bring people together but this story reiterates that it can also have an opposite effect. Alice and her husband William have drifted apart and the technology initially used to communicate has become a shield to hide behind. Something I find myself doing as well. And their marriage is suffering from a breakdown in communication.

William is mostly, only seen through Alice's eyes, which isn't great to start out with. But through the survey questions (in the kindle version, I didn't realize the questions were listed at the very end of the book, just before the acknowledgements), we see how the relationship started, grew, and changed...all through Alice's memories. I only read the answers to the questions, which was part of the fun...trying to figure out what the questions were Alice was answering. Some were obvious, others not so obvious. I'm going to have to reread her answers with the questions in front of me.
This book was a wake-up call for me, in that I saw a lot of myself in Melanie. Gave me a lot to think about in terms of my relationships with those around me.

Just loved "Wife 22", Gideon has an engaging and imaginative story telling style that completely captured me. The writing was laugh out loud funny, without being mean or snarky. She can turn a witty phrase I tell ya! I am so looking forward to more from Melanie Gideon.

Get your Port Authority Full Zip chocolate XXXX Large Now!

7 komentar:

  1. She wants a pink one now. It washes up nice and doesn't shrink. The lightweight material makes it great for layering.

    BalasHapus
  2. Nice and lightweight, this hoodie is perfect for layering. Slightly contours to fit a woman's curves, nice big pockets, zipper is quality (so far), and the hood is a nice size too.

    BalasHapus
  3. I received this hoodie as a gift for Christmas and loved it so much I went and got another one. I love the longer sleeves and waist. It's very comfortable.

    BalasHapus
  4. I really liked this hoodie, the material is thin and not too warm, which is what I was looking for, and it has a nice shape to it, not just a frumpy sweatshirt. Will probably buy this in a couple of other colors, too.

    BalasHapus
  5. This Jacket is soft to the touch, and it keeps you warm and cosy in the chilly night air. I am quite impressed with this product.

    BalasHapus
  6. This is the perfect light jacket. It is not your boyfriends hoodie. It is very flattering. I ordered a size up and was very happy. It has a nice shape and still not clingy. Very comfortable without being super baggy. It covers the seat of your pants. There is a slight amount of elastic at waist, but it just gives it shape. It is not like a waistband around pants. If you order your normal size it would feel very fitted if you like that look.It is super soft, stretchy cotton without feeling like compression exercise clothing, flattering fit, great layering jacket. This will be my go to jacket.

    BalasHapus