Minggu, 05 Desember 2010

Surprisingly good action film...

Jack Reacher

Jack Reacher

We just rented this movie and I was very impressed with the storyline. My wife has read all the Lee Child books and she didn't like the movie because she couldn't get over the fact that Tom Cruise wasn't the same height as the character in the book. I have read the first one and could very easily get over this.

When I watch a movie, one of my main requirements will be if the movie is entertaining. This movie was very entertaining. The characters were very believable and I was more impressed by the imperfections that were allowed in the characters rather than how perfect they were. The women weren't perfect 10s and the men weren't all hunks. They came across as real.

Cruse plays this part to perfection. I admire him for his ability to maintain his level of physical fitness for so many years. He is not that much younger than me and I have never seen him less than a perfect specimen. I know he probably has a team of servants to assist him in that and he has to pay for it, but his reward is years of employment as a leading man. His ability to play a character who can master hand to hand combat, which is used in this movie multiple times, is very believable.

Robert Duvall rounds out the superstar cast as an old retired gunny running a rifle range. He is great in the movie and its easy to see why he is one of the best character actors in history.

Overall a very good movie. Not a family movie mind you, but a good action packed adventure that is going to set Cruise up for for 2 or 3 more sequels to go along with all the other sequels he keeps going like a wizard.

In this era of the movie industry, there seems to be a great emphasis on horror movies. I guess they are cheap to make and you get inexpensive actors to play the parts. Movies like Jack Reacher don't come along everyday and I am very happy that this character gets to come to life and give me a couple hours of entertainment.

Get your Jack Reacher Now!

6 komentar:

  1. You say stuff like: Guy must be 6'5" look like Jack Reacher. Not smoke or drink, make more than 100k and like overweight women. Are you out of your minds?

    BalasHapus
  2. I've seen Taken 2, Jack Reacher, Red Dawn, Prometheus, Loopers, Premium Rush, and The Bourne Legacy. What other good actions/sci-fis are out? Even if there still in theaters.

    BalasHapus
  3. Jack Reacher, or Anna Karenina. How many of them sound good to you? Killing them softly stars Brad Pitt and James (Tony Soprano) Gandolphini as Mobsters in New Orleans.

    BalasHapus
  4. Its getting a little old to me.......Mission Imposible 1-4, and they are making a 5, Knight and Day, Jack Reacher, Oblivion or something, etc

    BalasHapus
  5. I'm just curious cause I know special forces soldiers are highly trained and skilled in combat so how do you fight that? Are the MPs (military police) trained to better combat them? Like Jack Reacher.

    BalasHapus
  6. He's obviously the hottest new talent in cinema, with his ground breaking performance in Jack Reacher. However, he hasn't won an Oscar yet and I want to know why Alexander Rhodes is being overlooked. His work is genius.

    BalasHapus